Friday, December 5, 2014

Poor start, but a decent day

Not a terribly interesting day today (as if the last few days had been).  Did a quick run and a walk on Thursday, and gave blood, so I let myself go a bit on my diet (but really, only a bit). 

Friday started with a very bad night's sleep, and then a surprise run - what was meant to be a mile turned into 3, and they were fast; really fast.  I welcome those days when they come, 'cause they don't often stay.  I am, though, thinking that good sleep is the biggest impediment to fast running - yet another example of how my life seems to work a bit backwards from normal.

Today's weigh-in was 193.4 pounds, but tomorrow is the day that matters, and I'm not feeling terribly optimistic.  Yes, the last few days have been good for diet, but exercise was a bit light, and I don't have the energy on this Friday night to do a 'last chance' workout like they do on TV. It may come to that to get myself below 190 by new year's, but we'll have to wait and see.

Thought of the day: Not much.  I've got goals to achieve this month, and I'm determined to achieve them, but my heart doesn't seem to be in it as much as I would like.  That seems to have been my deal for the last few months, as it doesn't seem to be that I'm working on my passions.  Hopefully achieving a few of the smaller goals that are necessary 'base' goals will set up a cascade reaction - when I don't have to spend time and energy achieving these, I'll redirect those energies toward activities I'm more emotionally connected with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment