Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 3 - the Journey continues

Day 3 behind me, and the first day that I made my calorie plan.  Hopefully the first of many in a row, because consistency is the real key to weight loss - both on the diet and the exercise sides.  At least that is the way it is for me, if not for everyone.  The longer I stick to my plans, the easier it is to stick to my plans, 'cause who wants to give up when they have a good streak going?

I also got to run a bit more, although an early morning and late night at work put the kibosh on my 2nd workout for the day.  That's just the way it goes with a job like mine, though.

Today's weigh-in - 193.9 lbs.  Again, it fluctuates a good bit, so I'm neither excited or upset about this number.  My target is 190 by the end of this month, and I will work my butt off to get there. 

Thought of the day: Today is a blood drive at my company, and since I'm not running my scheduled marathon this weekend, i'm going to participate.  I don't know a lot of people who do - some can't due to illness or other conditions, some can't because they are just too freaked out by the needles.  I am neither of those things, I'm healthy, I'm strong, and I bleed well (phlebotomists love me - how many people can say that?), so I kinda think it's my duty.  If you can donate, you should - your body will replenish.  If you want to, but can't - find someone who can and get them to donate.  I did that a few years ago when I was banned from donating, and got three people who are now regular donors.  It costs you almost nothing, and could save someone else's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment