Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas, Overdone.

Well, it's Christmas day, and I've just finished the last of three (food-centric) celebrations of the holiday.  Boy, am I finished, too. 

I'm not where I wanted to be at the end of the year, in a lot of ways.  Frankly, I'm not surprised, nor am I too upset.  There's another year coming, and another opportunity to set my life on the course that I want it to be on. 

I'll spend the next week focused on setting my objectives for the new year.  If you've been reading, clearly one of these is weight loss.  But there's more to it than that - a lot more.  I have career objectives, personal fitness objectives, and goals for my relationships both socially and pseudo-professionally. 

I'll also spend the next week relaxing.  I'm on vacation next week, and going skiing / snowboarding with my family.  This will be followed by an all-out, every day full day at work for about six weeks.  As with every year, the first six weeks of the year equates to a lot of work closing the books for my company and locking in our company plans for the coming year.  Add to this a round of transformation and reorganization (some of which happens every year, it seems), and it's shaping up to be a tough beginning to the year. 

I'm going to continue to blog, and in 2015, I plan to actually blog on relevant stuff, and write these as if they would be interesting to read.  I'm working on habits, starting and stopping, good and bad.  Hope to see you here next year.

Current weight: 195.2 lbs.  In essence, no progress this quarter, other than quitting soda (which has REALLY taken hold - it doesn't even smell good to me now).  My immediate goal: get below 192 lbs by the end of January.

Thought of the day: I may be the product of my past, but I am the framer of my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment