Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year - Not so new Me

So, at this point, (11:45 on new year's eve) I'll admit it.  I'm heading into 2015 with mixed emotions.  I'm not particularly happy with the progress I've made during 2014; as I feel like I'm ending the year where I started in many ways (or in some cases, behind).  I'm also not as energized for 2015 as I'd like to be, and I'm anticipating a very tough month at work to start the year.

A tough month means early days, late nights, weekends, and very little time for family, community work, or personal priorities.  I've got my goals for 2015, but without a lot of really careful planning and persistence, I won't accomplish them.  Getting a fast start is going to be really important, but I'm just not confident that's going to happen, and I'm concerned about the effect that's going to have on my overall year.

This may just be my learned pessimism showing through (I'm actually a natural optimist, I think).  Or maybe it's fear, or advance excuses for when I don't hit my 2015 goals.  It's been the way I've felt for three or four months now, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO REASON TO FEEL THIS WAY!  The last quarter of 2014 resulted in a lot of personal successes for me, and I can head into the new year with a few successes. 

Maybe I just need to adjust my perspective and get the new year started with a bang.   Perhaps in a few days I'll have some more recent successes to point to.


No comments:

Post a Comment