Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 2 behind me

So day 2 (yesterday) was a marked improvement on Day 1, as I got in a half-decent run (4  miles) and kept my calorie intake to only slightly above my target.  Didn't get a chance to do a night workout due to Boy Scouts, but hope to get one in today.

Today's Weight: 195.2 lbs, down 0.9 lbs. (but I fluctuate within a 2-3 pound range all the time, so I'm not taking this as real.  Only my Saturday morning weigh-ins really count).


Thoughts of the day: Listened to Meet the Press this morning about race relations in light of the events in Ferguson, Missouri.  Am painfully aware that we are looking at symptoms of problems, not root causes, so we're not talking about and addressing the right things.  Also: history is history; we need to address the problems we have now, not constantly revisit the past.  Racial discrimination exists, but the problems that our communities experience are socio-economic more than strictly racial/cultural.  If minorities are disparately affected by socio-economic conditions, than addressing problems from that angle will disproportionately help racial/cultural minorities, and I think that's a better way to address the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment