Saturday, January 19, 2019

Step Back to Surge Forward

The last two weeks have been a bit of a wreck in terms of achieving my personal goals.  The year started with illness, and that sapped all of my momentum, so the 2nd week of the month was a struggle just to get my work done, with very little time for exercise, or the energy to ensure I followed my nutrition plans.

That's over now.

Today is my first non-workday of the year and I'm counting on this being a turning point.  I got a run in earlier this week, and managed a long run today (10 miles), with some other exercise in the past three days, so I'm getting some momentum back.  My nutrition is getting better, but I'm not in just the right place yet. 

So what's the plan now?  I've done the step back part, now is a good time to surge forward.  My bank account says I still need to work, so I'm going to keep up with that.  But now I need to re-assert my priorities and ensure that I put the important before the urgent as often as possible.  That's true in both my work and personal life, in fitness, nutrition, and relationships. 

Setbacks are a part of life; I get that.  They stink, and are demotivating, but I'm taking what's happened, and focusing on what can happen.  Progress takes time, but at least now I think I can get really started for the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment