Saturday, December 26, 2020

GJ Day 15: Intervals

For obvious reasons, I'm grateful today for the ability to re-start after taking a break.  Another concept that applies to my running life, I'm now applying it to my blog (again) - forgiving myself for taking the break, and getting started again.

It's something we people do all too often - we set goals for ourselves, but all too often we fail, and give up, and experience the guilt of having not lived up to our own standards.  I'm no different, and I experience the same cycle over and over and over again.  The new key I'm learning is to let go of the guilt, the disappointment, the shame.  Those things which are important will resurface, and if we release the negative emotions (the baggage) of the past, we can work toward a better future.  

And that's really the point of life, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment