Saturday, December 12, 2020

GJ Day 14: Family

I got to see my family today.  On a whim, my sisters and I thought to get us all together for a day to celebrate Christmas and see each other for the first time in almost a year (well, see each other in person).  My brother was also in town, as we both live a few hours away from the rest of the family, and we got to actually sit around a backyard and talk.  

And it was comfortable, familiar, and really welcome.  That's what family is - a reminder of where we came from, and the fact that we can always go back, and be welcomed.  

I can't really say enough about how much my family does mean to me, even if we don't see each other as often as I would like.  But I can say that we have shaped each other (well, more that they shaped me, as I'm the youngest one), and I appreciate and love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment