Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blog Reboot: Time to Train!

November has begun, and the first snow has fallen, so it's time to start planning for next year's races.  My wife has now finished her latest marathon, and I've been keeping in shape over the summer and fall, so I've got a good base to work from and not a lot of time before my next marathon.

It's also time to reboot this blog, which I haven't been able to do over the summer due to a new job and other obligations which occupied all of my time.  Now that I've settled into all of my jobs, I think I'll get a little bit more time to record my comments.

It's actually been a good year for running - I've set PRs at a few distances, including the 10K and the half marathon.  More importantly, I think I've helped a few people, including my son and my sister to get more involved in their own running careers and I am hopeful that they will keep it up.For me, 2012 will be the year to set a few more PRs, and hopefully get in two or three marathons.

This week, I had a good couple of runs (and one bad one) including my long run today at 14 miles, which I did at about a 9:30 pace.  Today was also the NYC marathon, and while I was not running it, I would have liked to.  Maybe next year, if I can get into the lottery, but I might also choose a smaller, more runner-friendly marathon.

Next time, I'll discuss my fear of commitment, and in future posts, my sense of entertainment, my running history, weekly updates on my training, and also a few non-running posts (just so I can vent during this election year)

No comments:

Post a Comment