Sunday, January 18, 2015

Close is over - let's get this started.

My rough period at work ended on Friday (sure, not until 8:00 p.m. on Friday due to as last-minute assignment), so my big two week quarter close is over.  I returned home Friday night to see my family for more than 5 minutes for the first time in two weeks.

Re-entry after these work periods is normally not easy.  I get home, and I'm still on a work footing, so still a bit stressed, and I've missed two weeks of "what's going on" around the house, including how daily routines may have changed.  In addition, I'm also often coming off a period of little to no exercise, and two weeks of food issues.  I'll normally gain a few pounds during these times, adding to my stress levels and it takes a few days to reorient myself.

This time wasn't much different.  I have gained a few pounds (my official weigh in at 197 pounds this week, but I know that I hit 200 during the week), my exercise was limited to about 1 mile per day to maintain my streak, and I was not able to keep in touch with my family as much as I would have liked to. 

The only thing different this time is that I left my stress in the office.  Which is good, 'cause it got kinda bad a few days ago, causing a bit of a rift with my boss (nothing that won't heal).  And as a result, my re-entry was much smoother, and I was able to take it easy this weekend and not stress out about things as much.  I even got in a few exercise sessions as well as a 'date night' with my wife, which I really needed.  I had to do some work, but was able to squeeze that in during quiet times. 

So now I'm firmly in "new new year's" , with a plan to get back into daily exercise routines, even doubles on some days, and to renew my relationship.  I'm going to try to Burn 20 pounds this year, in the hopes that I can drop at least 10.  I'm back to working on my 2015 goals, focusing on what I want to do in January - one month at a time.

So this week - Weight at 197.5 pounds, long run this week at 5 miles (on the treadmill thanks to REALLY perilous ice this morning - my wife went out running early and regretted it with all of the cars spinning and sliding on the roads today).  I'm behind on some of my objectives, but this week at work will be more manageable than the last 4 (5?, 6?).  My immediate objective: brave the cold and get outside for most of my runs this week.  This starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment