Thursday, February 5, 2015

Off-kilter (again!)

I was going to write a post to say that there wasn't much going on, but really, the problem is that there is too much going on.  My routine life has taken over all of my spare focus and attention.  This is mainly due to something that is non-routine that keeps interjecting itself into my consciousness and into my workdays

That's a little cryptic,  I realize, but for now, I'd rather not explain.  Suffice it to say that I've been spending a lot of time working, too much time in appointments, and not enough time sleeping.  My workouts have been lackadaisical at best, and none of my fitness objectives are being met, 'cause I've been so unfocused on them.

It's hurting me, both physically and emotionally / spiritually to feel this far off-center all the time.  I'm working to regain a sense of control over my daily life (although everything tells me that control is both fleeting and an illusion). 

My weight has been hovering in the high 190's (still), and my running volume is far below where I want.  My foot is now hurting after every run, so I think I need to give it a serious rest.  I'd be fine getting in some time on the bike or at the gym, but nothing feels as good as running does. 

Perhaps next week will be a bit more sane, but I'm not counting on it.  I'm concerned that I'm in the middle of a vicious cycle, and I need something to break it.  Lent starts soon (February 18th), and that is typically a restart cycle for me.  Maybe I can count on that again this year.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment