Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 4 (but only Blog 2)

Today started well - I woke at 5:00 and was rewarded with a beautiful view of the night sky as I ran my daily mile.  It's an 'off' day for me, but I'm trying to keep a streak, so each day needs to start with a run.  I really do find that any exercise in the morning gives a real boost to the rest of the day, and I find that my stress levels are much lower all day.

The downside of the day happened a few minutes later. as I did my P90X workout, or rather, my half workout.  I haven't done "real" weight exercises in a while, and this workout of chest and back left me in the dust.  Even the pushup sections, which I normally really like, didn't work out so well today.  I'm not getting discouraged, though - I'm on a recovery track after a few months of limited workouts and higher-than-normal stress, and while the path may be painful, I have been where I am going, and I know it's a better place. 

I'm getting ready for yet another busy weekend - with Cub Scout activities on Friday and Saturday, but possibly some time to rest on Sunday, and catch up with my reading (I am WAY behind).  I have to say, I'm looking forward to March, when my Cub Scouts move to Boy Scouts, and I move from leader to just Dad.  I love what I do with Scouts, but after six years of being a leader, I wouldn't mind a break for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment