Friday, March 29, 2019

Family Success!

Last week, I sat down to write about the successes in my family.  My son, whose lack of talent in art was only eclipsed by his lack of interest, has apparently won an art contest in our state.  It's computer-aided art (and he's very good with computers), but given the amount of time he claims to have worked on the project, no one was more surprised than he was that he won.

Add to that my wife (also not an art prodigy, by the way), completed her 12th marathon, and notched up an age-group award in one of the hilliest and windiest races I have ever seen.  She beat her stated objective time (I think she had a goal to be faster) and her recovery this week has been really good, in that she listened to her body and took it a bit easier than normal.

I wish I had said all of that last week - I was just so proud of both of them, as well as my other son, who is doing well in college this year.

But I was tired. 

Now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment