Sunday, July 8, 2012

One week down (and out)

So today was supposed to be day 8 of Project 31.  So much for that.  The only thing I've learned so far is that it's really hard to start a new habit, even one that you've been slowly creeping into for months.  Requiring yourself to do something that's new every day takes more getting used to than I appreciated.

Granted, this may not have been the best time for me to start, but I had to start somewhere.  Day 4 (Wednesday) was a holiday, and I fell out of my normal routine, so I 'accidentally' skipped for the day.  That's okay - happens to everyone, right?  Well, Day 6 wasn't better - I only did half the pushups I needed to, and didn't do any ab work at all.  Day 7?  I don't remember day 7 well at all, but I'm quite sure nothing was done.  Now I'm here on day 8, with no pushups to my day, no abs, no pullups, and this is my blog post for the day. 

So what else have I learned?  1) get your mandatories done in the morning - by the time noon hits, my schedule is too chaotic.  2) recruit some team members - my son will now join me in pullups, so maybe they'll get done.  3) Blogging at the end of the day dilutes my creativity - that should also happen before lunch.  4) I need more sleep.  :-)

So today is Day 1 again.  Project 31 starts over, and I bet that if I start now, I can get some abs done before I go to bed.  Just as soon as I finish this one other job....oh, and that one....and I need to get milk....and, oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment