Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3- Not quite there yet

So today is day 3, and I woke up thinking I would go for a run and do my daily exercises in the morning before things got too hectic.  Got up, went on what became a really slow run, and got back to the house just in time for a shower before my first conference call.  That ran 1/2 hour long, so I headed right out to the office to put in a full day.  Wrapped up as early as I could and went home to spend a few hours with my family.  As soon as I walk in the door, I remember that I didn't do ANY of my new habits today.  *sigh*

So now it's almost 9:00 - I've got 70 pushups and 10 pullups done, and I need to do the rest on a tired body.  I also doubt that I'll get that daily phone call in, given that it's late, and I will need to stay awake long enough to read.  New habits just aren't that easy.

But I'm going to stick to it, and try to make my habits morning habits.  In theory, I'm more awake then, and also more likely to do the things I want to do.  I'm a late-day fader, so if exercise isn't done by 6:00 in the evening, chances are it won't be done at all. 

As an aside (or really a big thing), I'm signing up for the Cape Code Chowdah challenge in October.  It's a half marathon on Saturday (which my wife will also do) and a full on Sunday.  It's crazy, but I ran back-to-back 11 milers last week, and that went fine (the second was better than the first).  After this past weekend, I realized that I MUST EXERCISE EVERY DAY in order to keep my legs in shape.  After two days of not running and not walking any distance, my legs today felt like dead weight.  If you learn something every day, that's my thing for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment