Sunday, April 1, 2012

Well, so much for being more consistent with blogging.  The first three months of 2012 have been really really busy.  Work has been hectic at times, and I've been trying to exercise more, run a Cub Scout Pack and Den, and keep my sanity.  It hasn't been easy, and frankly, sleep has been more elusive than I would prefer.  Conditions are changing, though, and the weather is warming up, so 2nd quarter looks brighter.

Today was the Danbury 1/2 marathon, my second race of the year, and the one that puts my racing plans back on track.  I've decided to cut down to 2 marathons this year, but I may take my crazy to a new level, and run the Cape Cod Chowder Challenge, in which I run a 1/2 marathon on Saturday, and a full marathon on Sunday.  It's not until October, so I have time to make that decision.

Today's race was a good one, and I finished in 1:58:48, about 4 minutes longer than last year, but about 7 minutes faster than my (admittedly light) goal for this race.  My training for my first marathon this year (May 6 - New Jersey Marathon) has been really poor, with very light mid-week runs.  My long runs have been okay, but my pace has been slower than last year, so I don't think there will be a PR at the marathon distance this year.

On other fronts, my weight is down  about 6 pounds of the 10 I'm trying to lose.  I'm about to start the P90X program to see if a change in routine will be enough to spark a faster weight loss and help me develop more strength and endurance.  We'll see how that goes. 

I'll also have more soon on other topics, including Scouting, politics, the state of the race for the presidency, and some thoughts on the macroeconomic conditions of the US and the world.  I'm now setting a goal of blogging at least once per week, so I'll have to talk about more than running.

No comments:

Post a Comment