Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Ending 2019 on a high note (or a low note)

As 2019 comes to a close, I find myself in a good place.  At least I'm choosing to see it that way.

I've started my new role at my company, which is a lot like my old role, but with new business dynamics, new people, and new things to learn.  It helps that my recent activity has benefited my reputation....now I just have the pressure of continuing to do well.

My weight is down - this will be my first year dropping weight in the last 4.  I have momentum, too, and a plan for keeping that momentum going into the new year. 

I've also set some objectives for the new year that I'm looking forward to - speaking at a conference, running a half-Ironman, and getting some traveling in as my kids go off to school. 

That said, there are always places for improvement.  My nutrition discipline, my strength and flexibility training, and my running / cycling speed could all use some work in the new year.  With a little discipline and luck, I'll get into a virtuous cycle which would have me below 200 lbs, and below 10:30 / mile before the end of June.

As I set my goals for 2020, blogging regularly will be one of them.  I did better in 2019, maybe even regular for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment