Thursday, September 15, 2016

What else can I get myself into? (note: that's a rhetorical question)

So it looks like I'm trying to see how many stupid things I can do at once, and to see what level of stress my body and mind will both accept. 

First, I'm running a Ragnar race next week.  For those of you who don't know what a Ragnar is (and why would i expect you to?) it's a 36 hour long relay race, where you get together with 11 friends, pile into two vans and run three times over the course of 36 hours, with little sleep, nothing but road food, and lots and lots of other runners.  But don't worry - there are no prizes (at least not for my team) and no glory to be had - just a good fun weekend.  Sounds great, right?

Oh, and I'm running a half marathon the week after that.  Wish I had paid more attention to the calendar now.

Then there's this conference.  I'm on the verge of signing up to be a speaker at a conference next year in my profession (corporate accounting).  I'm not a terrific public speaker, and I have no business doing this.  But it's out of my comfort zone, it's something I know I *can* do, and I have plenty of time (the conference isn't until June).  This may be a terrible idea, but that's the theme of this blog, right?

Finally, I've (accidentally?) signed up to be the social media coordinator for my church.  Our current one (who set up our Facebook page about 4 months ago) left the area, and I think I volunteered for this last night.  Note to self: Stop asking questions about who's going to do something that needs to be done!

Its been an interesting week in terms of my behavior, and the things I'm getting myself into.  Maybe this is the start of great things!  Maybe it's the inciting force for my upcoming nervous breakdown.  And maybe I'll learn to stop meddling into my own affairs sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment