Saturday, January 8, 2011

Training update - mid-January

Well, I've gone and done it.  I've signed up for the New Jersey Marathon on May 1st, so I can run a marathon near my hometown (and in my 3rd state, including NY and PA).  I then went and looked to see when the training for that marathon should start, and found out that the program started LAST WEEK!  I guess I had my break from Philadelphia in November, and now it's back to the roads.

This wasn't as bad a week as it could have been - After feeling terrible after a 10 miler on Sunday, I ran 7 miles each on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, but almost didn't make Friday due to a snowstorm expected.  Fortunately, the storm didn't start until about 5:00 a.m., so the roads were still clear enough at 6 for me to get started.  It's the first time I've run during snow, which was actually a bit fun.  Wednesday included fast intervals, which I haven't done in months, and that went okay.  This is the year that I want to improve on speed and set at least one PR.

Unfortunately, because I am now signed up for May 1st, I won't be able to participate in a run in Boston with a few on-line friends, called El Poco Loco, and organized by Steve Runner I'm really disappointed by this, but the way my schedule worked with available races, I had to join the NJ Marathon, and I don't think driving from Boston to NJ on the night before would work out well. I will get up to Massachusetts to run with Steve at some point; just not this time.

Back to the roads.....

No comments:

Post a Comment