Thursday, November 18, 2010

A new journey begins

Well, I've finally done it - I've started a blog. After years (years!) of reading other blogs and listening to podcasts about running, politics, economics and life, I've decided to add my voice to the choir.

In this blog, I'll talk about sports (doing, not watching), governing, kids, camping, business, and social issues. At times, the topics will be heavy - there's a lot of serious stuff in the world that we need to think about; at others, simple stream of consciousness or lighter fare. Rarely will you find me talking about the entertainment industry, though, unless I've seen something that really ticked me off.

Starting off with a running theme; today is Thursday, November 18th, and in three days, I'll run my 5th marathon, this time in Philadelphia. It won't be a record time for me (at least I don't think so), but I really hope to enjoy it. It's only my second marathon in the US, and I'll be grateful when the crowds are cheering in English. Check back here on Monday for a race recap, and come back often for my latest thoughts, rants, and maybe a laugh or two.

Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment